PLANNING FOR YOUR YOUNG CHILDREN
Having a Will Alone Simply Does Not Ensure The Care of Your Children If The Unthinkable Happens to You!
If you are a family with young children, then your estate plan should begin with a foundation that ensures your children would always be taken care of, no matter what happens. At Jill Gregory Law, one of our areas of greatest expertise is planning for and protecting your children.
Planning for your young children is about so much more than naming a guardian. It’s about making sure you have a plan in place for all of life’s little accidents.
Without advance legal planning for your children, if the unthinkable happens to you, here’s what could happen:
1. Your children could be placed into the care of Child Protective Services (yes, even if you have a will in place and even if you have a living trust) and, yes, it would very likely only be temporary, but trust us, you never want your children in the arms of strangers. Not even for a minute.
2. Your children could be put into the custody and care of someone you would never want, like that one family member who has good intentions, but you’d never want raising your kids.
3. A judge who doesn’t know you, or your family, will decide who will raise your kids, even if it’s the last person you would ever want.
4. Your family could get into a long, drawn out custody fight or there could be a challenge to the guardians you have designated.
5. Up to 5% of the value of your assets could be lost to court costs and other unnecessary fees through the probate process, a court process that can tie up your assets for years and deprive your kids of the resources they need to live comfortably, which can totally be avoided with advance legal planning.
6. When your kids turn 18, they get a check for whatever assets are left.
7. There are unscrupulous people out there who make it their business to look at the public records to find out when 18yr olds are getting that inheritance check.
8. The vast majority of estate planning attorneys do not address these issues, and do not plan from a parent’s perspective.
Yes, these things scare us too. That’s why we offer a Kids Protection Plan® with every estate plan we prepare for families with young children.
Is Your Family Prepared for a Worst Case Scenario? Get all the legal and financial answers now.
It’s is so important to me that every child is protected so I have teamed up with my friend and author Alexis Neely to give you a complimentary copy of her best-selling book, Wear Clean Underwear – a Fast, Fun, Friendly – and Essential – Guide to Legal Planning for Busy Parents.
Whether you are ready to meet with us to start planning for your family, you are just looking around trying to figure out what estate planning is, or you already have a plan in place (but like so many parents, don’t really know what’s in your plan or aren’t sure if you have the right documents or plan in place), request your complimentary copy now.
Read this book and you’ll know how to ensure that your children and your money are taken care of in case anything happens to you.
Get the crucial legal lowdown you need to know to protect your kids!
Discover how to pass on what really matters most – no matter how much money you have.
Know for sure you have done right by the people you love.
All in an easy to read book.
Yes! Send me a complimentary book now!
Get The Best-Selling Book On Legal Planning For Busy Parents – Our Free Gift To You
A Fast, Fun, Friendly – And Essential – Guide to Legal Planning for Busy Parents
Get this best-selling book for FREE.
We will never sell or share your information.